Re: [patch] shrink_mmap() 2.3.99-pre6-3 (take 3)

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 18:12:15 EST

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Rik van Riel wrote:

>I guess shrink_mmap() needs some comments. ;)

I tried to add commentary for everything that I considered subtle, but of
course I won't reject further commentary.

>> Which truncate_inode_pages race condition? Please provide a
>> stack trace, it shouldn't take too time for you if you have the
>> race condition in mind.
>
>Stephen has already answered this question a number of
>emails ago.

Maybe I missed the email (if it's not a pain for you please forward it to
me). thanks!

To me it seems the VFS avoids by design truncate_inode_pages() to be
called in parallel on the same inode (that was the problem you mentioned
in earlier email).

Andrea