Re: unkillable processes (again)

From: Linda Walsh (law@sgi.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 10:58:02 EST

Tangential but related question. I'm seeing httpd (apache, I think) on
a 7.0 Mandrake standard installation hang with the WCHAN is listed as "down" and
process status set to "D". It is unkillable (but doesn't cause problems
with killall etc). 2.2.14 Mandrake SMP kernel. Do those symptoms correspond to
a known problem?

Tnx,
-l

(In case anyone noticed I mentioned SuSE in another post, I run 3 different
distros -- can't make up my mind...:-))

--
Linda A Walsh                    | Trust Technology, Core Linux, SGI
law@sgi.com                      | Voice: (650) 933-5338