Re: 2.2.14 lockups

From: Scott Doty (scott@sonic.net)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 10:22:05 EST

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 08:08:10AM -0700, Scott Doty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two machines that are locking up with 2.2.14. The dual-PPro 200MHz
> seems to lock up more often than the Pentium-II 300Mhz. I've built
> a uniprocessor kernel for the dual-PPro, which doesn't seem to have
> helped. I've appended both systems full hardware configs below.

I forgot to append the hardware configs:

Dual PPro 200Mhz Intel Providence motherboard w/512MB RAM.
"CPU: Intel Pentium Pro stepping 09"
Onboard Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 Ethernet
Onboard AIC-7880 (unused)
BusLogic BT-958

Dual Pentium-II 300Mhz Intel w/256MB RAM.
stepping : 4
Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 Ethernet
BusLogic BT-958

The dual-PPro locks up much more often than the dual-PII. (Actually,
it's only happened once with the latter after we upgraded.) Only
the dual-PPro reports use of anonymous memory, which is almost
certainly a customer cgi-bin.

 -Scott