Re: 2.2.15pre15 boot failure - aic7xxx

From: Gregory Zornetzer (gaz@nmrfam.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 13:43:03 EST

Hi Doug,

I just wanted to let you know that I went through your aic7xxx 5.1.2x
drivers, and found that 5.1.26 introduces the problem that causes my 2740
to break. 5.1.26 and later will not work. The scsi bios revision on
the card is 2.11. This was tested using a vanilla 2.2.14 kernel with a
minimal config, gcc 2.7.2.3

I hope this helps uncover the problem.