Possible problem with close?

From: David Fix (extra@vermithrax.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 08:10:03 EST

    Hi there,

    Seems that SOMETIMES Kernel 2.2.14 is hanging when I try to close a socket... Anyone seen this happen before? When I interrupt the program that I'm running in GDB, it shows that it's hanging on _LIBC_CLOSE. When I continue execution, the program unfreezes and continues normally, but if I were to leave it alone, it will sit there for a good half hour, and then continue on its merry way as if nothing happened. I'm not subscribed (yet) to this mailing list, I'm just waiting for my request to come through, so please cc me if you reply. :) Thanks in advance. :)

    -Dave