Re: Is a root software RAID possible on the Alpha ?

From: Doug Sisk (sisk@wix.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 21:07:42 EST

I finally got it to work.

The problem is that md.c doesn't autorun the
array.

This is probably because of the BSD disklables
needed for the Alpha SRM console to boot confuse
it.

I worked around the problem with an initial
ramdisk that "kick-started" the array.

I had to increase the default ram disk size to
16Mb in order to fit glibc though. I'll
most likely recompile it statically linked.

I have no idea who to send this bug report to ?

Regards,
Doug