Re: memory handling in pre5/pre6

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 15:43:56 EST

Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br> said:

[...]

> Question is, have any of you actually noticed a performance
> hit because of this or are you just seeing different numbers
> than what you're used to and automatically assuming that it
> must be wrong?

I have no clear direction where to point my finger at, but 2.3.99-pre3
feels unresponsive on my i686 with 128Mb of RAM. When compiling a kernel
(running Gnome + Enligthenment + emacs, and a few xterms), sometimes the
shell doesn't respond for a few seconds at a time. Doesn't happen (or not
so noticeably) with 2.2.15pre.

--
Dr. Horst H. von Brand                       mailto:vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl