Re: Direct writting to VGA text console

From: Zdenek Kabelac (kabi@informatics.muni.cz)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 14:56:59 EST

> > int fd=open("/dev/vcsa?",O_RDWR); // replace ? by console number
> > mmap(NULL, column*lines, PROT_WRITE|PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED, fd, 4);
>
> I don't think this will work. It assumes the consoles physical
> address doesn't change -- which it does (as it scrolls).

Well for now I'm just happy with
(short*) ioremap(0xb8000, 0x2000)

I'm duplicating text every 5 lines through the whole buffer.
The purpose is simple - to display EIP when the linux kernel
gets locked - while the rtlinux is still running.

For now this parts works - now I'm just trying to figure out
the correct EIP values for both SMP processor.

--
  Zdenek Kabelac  http://i.am/kabi/ kabi@i.am {debian.org; fi.muni.cz}