Re: Trying to use TEQL

From: Ivan Passos (lists@cyclades.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 13:24:34 EST

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Ion Badulescu wrote:

> > So, TEQL is not working in my environment. My question is: what did I do
> > wrong?? Did I miss some configuration step??
>
> Make sure there are *no* routes through cpc0 and cpc1 directly. Basically
> you want them up but unconfigured (no IP, no routes), and the entire
> configuration is done on teql0.

For the route configuration, I understand, but for the _interface_ itself,
I don't know how this would work ...

In this case I have two synchronous PPP interfaces (or two Cisco HDLC
interfaces, or yet each of the interfaces running one of these protocols).
How am I gonna have these links up without the IP configuration??

One more question. Actually your suggestion sounds very good, if I were
able to do:

# route add 110.0.0.1 dev teql0

In this case, teql0 would receive the packets to be sent to 110.0.0.1 and
it would be able to decide through which of its bonded interfaces it would
send the packet.

But ... how do I configure this routing through the teql0 interface
without attibuting an IP address to it?? Do I _need_ to attribute an IP
address to it?? If I try it without attributing an IP address to it, it
says "SIOCADDRT: no such device". Yes, I tried 'ifconfig teql0 up' and
then run the route command, but it still gives the same error msg.

Thanks for your help so far! :)

Regards,
Ivan