Re: Simple Questions Regarding Linux

From: Brian Parris (linuxkernel@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 17:08:07 EST

Koroush, while i do agree with your e-mail you must also try to see it
from Rik's point of view, they simply want to work on the kernel and in
the meantime they are getting quite a few posts asking these types of
questions, I believe his e-mail was probably written out of frustration
with the amount of people asking questions like these, Rik you must also
understand that as more and more people take an interest in linux you
will see a lot more posts such as Korush's, they figure who better to
ask about linux than the people who develop it and don't realize how
busy everyone on this list is just trying to keep up with each other, a
better response would have been to simply say that this is not the
appropriate place to ask this question, that this list is for the
development of linux and not an answer forum instead of simply spinning
off a comment like yours(although i can see how frustrated you guys must
be, especially with the release of 2.4 getting close). I hope this
e-mail was helpful in some way and did not offend anyone(this is not my
intention).