Re: >=pre5 OOPS on boot failure to open /dev/console

From: Andrew Morton (andrewm@uow.edu.au)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 06:14:58 EST

bert hubert wrote:

> > > That is, you've screwed up applying patches. It _is_ fixed in pre5.
> >
> > Never mind; you sir are correct. I should pick
> > my kernels from good sources (i could swear this was from ca.kernel).
>
> Now that you are here :-), any news on the integration of PPPoE into the
> kernel?
>
> Regards,
>
> bert hubert

Jamal isn't subscribed, Bert. You'll have to shout louder.

Michael Ostrowski dropped a lump of nice-looking PPPoE code onto netdev
last week.

        http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/lists/netdev/200004/msg00035.html

There were no followups though. Shame, because Linux's PPPoE support
will be important soon.

--
-akpm-