Re: copy_page_table

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 15:11:48 EST

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Tiger wrote:

> I have not been able to find the definition of this function. It's
> declared in mm.h as extern int copy_page_table() but where is it's
> definition (it is not in mm/memory.c).
>
> I hate cats because they are not dogs.

someone said (Confucius?) - it is very hard to look for a black cat in the
dark room, especially when it is not there.

actually a couple of years or so ago I mailed to Linus suggesting to
replace that reference in kernel/fork.c with
"__kmem_cache_alloc()" because it is also mm-related and can be "a bitch
to understand" too, but unlike copy_page_tables() it exists :)

Regards,
Tigran.