Rik Van Riel's Fair Scheduller patch

From: Rodrigo Barbosa (rodrigob@liveware.com.br)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 10:13:58 EST

Hail,
        I have been lurking around for some time, and never considered my presence
worth writing to the list. But this time I have something to say (other them
the usual mumbo-jumbo).

        I have been stress testing Riel's Fair Scheduller patch for ... i guess 15
days or so with out a single problem. I tested it on i386 so far, and will
begin testing it on sparc this afternoon. Yet, looking at the code, I see
absolutly no reason it should not work.

        Noteworth is that I have notice performance gain in ALL machines I tested
this patch, ranging from my home computer to my company's main server.

        This is the kind of feature that brings Linux much closer to Real Time
application environment, so I think it is a MUST to be included into the main
kernel tree.

        You all probably already know where to find the patch, but I'll mention it
again just to be on the polite side:

        http://www.surriel.com/patches

        Patches for 2.3.99preX, 2.2.15-preX and 2.2.14 ...

        Shared development machines, with lots of people compiling programs and so
will experience special performance increase.

--
Rodrigo Barbosa - Network Administrator
Liveware, Tecnologia a Servico LTDA - (+55)(35)471-3210