sparc IPX 2.2 series kernel scsi bus lockup

From: Peter Firmstone (q8902929@topaz.cqu.edu.au)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 22:17:41 EST

Hi all,

Hope I am sending this message to the right place, if not could you
re-direct me please. As I am not on this mailing list so could you reply
directly as well email: q8902929@topaz.cqu.edu.au

I use a Sparc IPX (Sun 4c series sparcstation) with a Phillips CDD 210 scsi
burner.

When I use the burner with the 2.0 kernel series I experience no problems,
however I have tried 2.2.1 and 2.2.6 (would like to try 2.2.14 but am not
currently connected to the internet) both on RedHat 6.0 and Debian slink r4
and the scsi bus locks up after fixating the CD. The CD is burnt perfectly
however the kernel is unable to reset the scsi bus or read/write to the
hard drive, the kernel panics and the shows over.

The LED on the front of the IPX doesn't illuminate with the 2.2 series
kernel either.

The messages sent to the screen from the kernel show only the attempts to
reset the scsi bus and the sectors it cannot read/write on the hard drive.

Best Regards,

Peter Firmstone.