help--packet scheduling [dev->tbusy]

From: john (lewis@gennet.com.tw)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 01:01:41 EST

Dear all:

    My packet scheduling strategy is to write a function that instead of

hard_start_xmit function pointer in device driver,and in my function

I enqueue the "skb" packet buffer and run some packet scheduling
algorithm,

(not to use linux TC) but I don't know when to call the dequeue function
?

to restore the original hard_start_xmit function and transmit?

Linux TC(traffic control) calls dequeue after enqueue, and use the

dev->tbusy as congestion control, that means,in a bottleneck the

times to call enqueue will greater than dequeue,so there will be more
than

one packet in the queue to be scheduled, but when I use plip0 at one

side in the gateway as a bottleneck, and the dev->tbusy is always not

busy,so every time the packet just dequeued after enqueueing.

 I also find the gateway receive about 10,000 packet in eth0 side,but

only transmit 2000 packet at the plip0 side, kernel has dropped the
packets,

can you tell me why and at which point?

even the traffic generate from the gateway(not from eth0 side) get the
same result. too,

can you help me?