Re: user-mode port 0.19-2.3.99-pre4

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 20:56:58 EST

> Are there guidelines anywhere about how best to submit a largish body of code
> so it doesn't get dinged for non-functional reasons? One thing that I know
> about is changing my 2-char indents to 8-char ones. Are there others?

Format it up nicely so it follows the coding style. Read over it and look
at all the things that make you think uggh. Then seperate out the changes
to the mainstream code and look very hard at them and see if you can
sanely avoid them or if they are pointers to generic code that needs fixing
or are just plain sensible to add.

Then send me a set of diffs