ioctl in 2.2.14

From: Raghavendra Bhat (mr.raghu@usa.net)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 14:14:11 EST

In the 2-2-14 kernel, an ioctl call with request type SIOCGIFCONF (for that
matter any request type) returns only those interfaces which have a valid IP
address. We have an application which was coded for 2.0.36 kernel. This
particular kernel does return even the interfaces without an IP address. As we
are porting this application to 2.2.14, is there any way in which ioctl call
can be returning even the interfaces without an IP address. Certainly we can
work around this by reading the/proc/net/dev or the output of ifconfig
(Ifconfig on 2.2.14 returns interfaces without IP address). But is there any
patch or any other solution with which the ioctl itself returns it.

Thanks,
Raghu