Oops: 0000 in bootup of 2.3.99-pre4

From: Frank de Lange (frank@unternet.org)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 02:53:49 EST

Like others before me, I have not gotten any sensible results from 2.3.99-pre4
other than an Oops: 0000 on bootup. It seems to be the same thing as reported
by Matthew Hanselman in
http://kernelnotes.org/lnxlists/linux-kernel/lk_0004_02/msg00604.html, and
since he bravely vopied the entire thing and fed it through ksymoops I'll
gratefully use his summary (just follow the link). My system:

Abit BP-6, dual Celeron 466@466 MHz
256 MB RAM
2 x Maxtor 40 GB on PIIX4 (UDMA33)
2.3.99-pre4 with modular everything, only stuff needed for booting is included in the kernel

So, like Matthew, mine is an SMP system. Coincidence or culprit?

See Matthew's post for ksymoops output and the raw Oops. The problems he
describes with 2.3.99-pre3 did NOT occur on my box (I've been running it since
it came out, only problem with it seems to be that the lm_sensors package does
not work anymore).

Cheers//Frank

--
 ## o o\    /     Frank de Lange     \