2.3.99-pre3 OOPS with ray_cs

From: Stephen Foskett (sfoskett@fosketts.net)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 16:09:51 EST

I am still getting an oops on unloading my Webgear Aviator 2.4 card,
using the ray_cs.o module under 2.3.99-pre3. This has been a problem
since the 2.3.36 era.

I tried reverting the driver back to the one in 2.3.35 by reversing all
ray_cs.c patches since then, but it still oopses. Others reported that
this was a problem with David Hinds' standalone pcmcia-cs modules as
well, but I cannot verify this.

I am using a fresh copy of 2.3.99-pre3 on a Tohiba Portege 3015CT
(ToPIC95b PCMCIA controller) with cardbus support.

I would love to help track this problem down before 2.4, but am unsure
of what to do next.

By the way, my other problem with the new kernels, broken USB support
for the NEC OHCI controller, has been fixed! I am able to use my USB
mouse with no problems at all!

Thanks for any help,
Stephen