Re: Arcom Control Systems SBC-MediaGX

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 13:04:48 EST

> bill perfectly, and it even boasts of running linux in the literature. Has
> anyone experience of running a fairly modern kernel on one of these boards ?
>
> Will it run linux properly (support for ALL peripherals) or are they playing
> buzzword bingo ??
>
> I am particulaly interested in the usb support, and support for the on board
> flash disk (comes with some sort of Datalight software).

The MediaGX video is supported (XFree 3.3.3.1/3.3.6 seem ok 3.3.5 had issues)
Read the docs when setting up the modelines too.

The audio works in 2.2.14 fine, you want 2.2.15pre for recording.

The USB seems to work OK with 2.3.99pre* on my palmtop.

The flash disk isnt part of the mediagx setup, so I cant guess