Re: What boot loader supports reiserfs root partitions?

From: Otto E Solares (solca@fisicc-ufm.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 12:30:49 EST

On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 09:51:53PM -0400, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

> Felix von Leitner writes:
>
> > I am currently investigating using reiserfs as root partition file
> > system, but to my dismay the different boot loaders do not support
> > reiserfs. lilo says
> >
> > Hole found in map file (alloc_page)
> >
> > Has anyone ever used reiserfs as root partition?
> > I have looked into syslinux, grub and nuni and wonder if I am forced to
> > add a FAT partition with syslinux now.
>
> Look at GRUB again. There is a patch that lets it read Reiserfs.
> Unlike LILO, GRUB actually reads the filesystem. I think you can
> even type in a pathname to select a kernel.

grub is more capable and user friendly than lilo.
It actualy works nice here with reiserfs in twelve servers (for the
idiots that think reiserfs doesn't have to be included in the kernel
this is a serious complain, all good admins have take a look @ reiserfs,
i just remember when ext2 generates massive fs curruption like 3 years
ago on two of our servers and yes ext2 was IN the kernel).

-otto

--
"What are you waiting for.. Christmas?"
GnuPG key:  finger solca@fisicc-ufm.edu