Re: pci bus 1

From: Junjiro Okajima (j-okajim@nskli014.nsk.nis.nec.co.jp)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 08:21:39 EST

Hello.

> This is strange, I've expected my patch will do exactly the same
> thing as your dirty hack, but let's investigate further.

Thank you, Martin.
Yes, now linux can detect the scsi contoller with your patch. But the
scsi driver cannot find the connected hard drives.

I tested a little more and find that the problem doesn't appear under
the kernel of uni-processer and traditional interrupt contoller.
It seems io-apic bothers pci or scsi. But, with my ugly patch,
everything is fine whether the kernel is for uni- or multi-processors,
for io-apic or xt-pic.

> Can you attach PCI related bootup messages printed if you change #undef DEBUG
> to #define DEBUG in arch/i386/kernel/pci-i386.h, please?

Yes, I will send you later in another mail since it is a little
larger.

Junjiro Okajima