Re: ECP mode crashes my kernel

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 06:39:38 EST

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Takis wrote:

> I've got a Syquest SparQ drive and I've succesfully used it
> for years now with Linux. The only "problem" I had was that
> ECP mode was not supported and therefor it was a lot slower
> compared to using it in windows (500K/s in EPP mode, 900K/s
> in ECP mode).
> So you can understand that I was happy as a fish when I saw
> that ECP was supported in 2.3.99pre3! Here's the bad news now:

ECP support is available to drivers -- that doesn't mean that all drivers
_use_ it, unfortunately. I think that is the case for you.

Also, there were some bugs in the PARIDE layer that were only ironed out
quite recently (thanks to Andrea) -- like 2.3.99-pre4-5 or so.

That might be what you're seeing.

Tim.
*/