Re: VFS/MSDOS filesystem rmdir/file "busy" problem and test file.

From: Matija Nalis (mnalis-j@voyager.hr)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 11:17:50 EST

On 5 Apr 2000 13:09:19 +0200, Alexander Viro <viro@math.psu.edu> wrote:
>On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, M Sweger wrote:
>
>> A second problem is for a UMSDOS filesystem that uses the
>> pseudo-root option. There hasn't been any code changes in this area
>> and when "ls -l /DOS" is done it produces a "Umsdos: Oops releasing
>> pseudo root. Notify ....." message due to the root and pseudo-root
>> inodes being equal.
>
> Hell knows - I didn't look at 2.2 UMSDOS/FAT since the last
>Spring. I'll check it.

It happens when put_inode method is called for pseudo_root inode (only when
in pseudo-root mode). It seems harmless, and it would be easy to remove
printk(), but since it didn't occur before and there was check for it, I've
left it in until it's clear what is going on.

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.