HiSax driver should autodetect AVM Fritz-Card PCI (Type=27)

From: Michael Mess (michael@michaelmess.de)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 16:28:23 EST

Hi!

When I installed the HiSax driver for ISDN4Linux I have had much trouble
with system crashes because I gave the wrong Type=xx number for
modprobe.
Without an argument modprobe wasn't successfull too, then I tried to
give a type=xx argument.
Now it works after I read the documentation twice... :-)

So I suggest that the HiSax driver should autodetect at least all PCI
cards which are supported.
And it shouldn't crash the system when the parameters for modprobe are
wrong. When the system crashed, the system time was set to January 1997.
This made the problems a bit more annoying.

/proc/pci gives me

  Bus 0, device 9, function 0:
    Network controller: AVM A1 (Fritz) (rev 2).
      Medium devsel. Fast back-to-back capable. IRQ 9.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe1000000 [0xe1000000].
      I/O at 0xb800 [0xb801].

So I think that autodetection should be possible.

Greetings,

 Michael