Re: English spelling? Yes! (was: Re: Shmem filesystem? DevFS? Why.)

From: Henrik Olsen (henrik@iaeste.dk)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 02:54:38 EST

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Jordan Mendelson wrote:
> Andrew Morton wrote:
> >
> > Dominik Kubla wrote:
> > >
> > > You should know as well as anybody that Linux has always favoured the
> > > English spelling over the American.
>
> Why don't we just add localization & internationalization support to the
> kernel and show region specific error messages?
>
> Jordy
Because the origin of this thread was about the use of the worr in the
publically visible namesspace of devfs ie. filenames.

Localising those are such an incredibly stupid idea that it shouldn't need
to be mentioned at all.

--
Henrik Olsen,  Dawn Solutions I/S       URL=http://www.iaeste.dk/~henrik/
Should we throw another human wave of structural engineers at stabilizing