Re: AFFS fixes v1

From: Nicholai Benalal (nicholai@chello.se)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 20:00:33 EST

Hello Alexander

Den 31-Mar-00, skrev Alexander Viro:

AV> Search for comp.sys.amiga.* & link* & director* & FFS
AV>
AV>> So the best way to transfer files between the Amiga side and Linux is
AV>> still the buggy Linux affs driver :-)
AV>
AV> Hrrrmmm... I surely hope that somebody _had_ ported tar to AmigaOS,
AV> right?

I agree that AFFS links are broken/badly implemented.
That's probably one of the reasons why they are used so little under AmigaOS.

The GNU tools (including tar) have been available for many years and they are
probably the ones that use links the most actively under AmigaOS.

Hopefully there will soon be a new amigaos ext2 port (there has been
some progress lately). I would love to stop using AFFS but I can't yet.

/Nicholai