Re: DCACHE Pinning Problems with rm -r on 2.2.15/2.3.99Pre3 withNWFS 2.2.2

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 18:29:11 EST

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> [.... However, I suspect that something like an address of entry might
> be good enough. ...]
>
> Al,
>
> Please explain how I should implement this with an address of entry --
> I'll get right on it. :-)

OK, do you have _anything_ that would (a) stay constant and (b) would be
easy for search? The underlying assumption in getdents() is that offsets
stay constant - just as with the contents of file. I'm too lazy to look
into the POSIX, but I suspect that it is in standards.

        Let's do it that way: could you describe the structure of your
directories? Then I would probably be able to help with that.