Re: PCI device initialization.

From: Brian Gerst (bgerst@quark.vpplus.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 16:54:48 EST

Rui Sousa wrote:
> The sound card has a register to enable the joystick port so I need to know
> where the sound card IO ports begin (and maybe to make use of a spinlock that
> serializes hardware registers access).
>
> Giving it a little more thought I will probably just set the register from the
> sound card initialization, it's much easier and should work just fine...

The joystick port on the SBLive is already enabled by default, it just
is not located at the legacy address (0x201). The register you speak of
I am guessing mirrors the port at 0x201, but this is only for DOS
compatability and is unnecessary.

I have a patch for the joystick driver at
http://quark.vpplus.com/~bgerst/linux/diff-gameport-99p1.gz which can
autodetect PCI and PnP gameports. This is probably what you are looking
for.

--

Brian Gerst