Re: closing socket causes kernel hang - any suggestions?

From: Rod Salinger (rodsalinger@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 13:27:34 EST

bert hubert wrote:
>2.2.12-20 + eepro100 is guaranteed to lock up after a while, at least, in
>my experience. Intel N440something motherboard. Try upgrading to
>2.2.15preX,
>but make sure that you have the right RAID software in the kernel.

Guaranteed? Nice. I didn't know that (obviously).
I've got a 3c905.tx pci nic which I can try instead. I'll grab the latest
released drivers from http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html
and try that out. I'll make sure there are no eepro drivers compiled in.

Thanks for the prompt reply. There's nothing I'd like more than some
stability on that server.