Release of NWFS 2.2.2 on Linux 2.3.99pre3 Moved to March 31, 2000

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 06:16:36 EST

I am moving the release dates for NWFS 2.2.2 Open Source
Linux-2.3.99Pre3 for the following reasons:

1. I have not slept for several days while I've worked round the clock
on Linux Stuff for Brainshare.

2. I am going to Brainshare tommorrow with Canopy Folks for a couple of
hours.

3. We are seeing all types of Ooops, oops, oooooooopssss issues with
different testing programs (Linda??) on Linux 2.3.99Pre3 not working
correctly because we need to re-sync all the kernel utils, patches,
etc., etc. etc. and because 2.3.99Pre3 has some application issues with
some of our older testing drivers, tools, etc. (welcome to the world of
Linux) and I am finisihing the dcache pinning issue in 2.2.15 tonight
(since this is a shipping production kernel, and therefore has a higher
priority for our customers).

Will take laptop to Brainshare and code there and on the way back.

Yaaaawwwnnnnnn ...........

See you guys tommorrow. Please be gentle.

Jeff Merkey
CEO, TRG