AFFS progress.

From: Jones D (ISaCS) (djones2@glam.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 03:38:36 EST

Hi all,
 I now have AFFS on 2.3.99pre3 in an almost usable state.
It compiles, insmods (Thanks to those who helped get my head around the
64bit issue btw), and I can mount Amiga disk images via loopback.

I can 'ls', and get lists of files/directories, but trying to read
files dies immediately.
I think this is due to affs_get_block() not being implemented yet.

What I want to know now is the connection between affs_get_block() and
affs_getblock() ?
I realise that the former was introduced when the VFS got overhauled
early in 2.3.x, but as the two functions take different arguments I realise
they are not drop-in replacements for each other.
I intend to hoist a load of code from affs_getblock() into affs_get_block()
and then fix that up to use the new parameter list.

Asides from the issue that it takes different parameters, is there anything
else that would need changing to bring this up to date with the current VFS?

Any help appreciated..

regards,

Dave.