Can't mount

From: Simon Cahuk (simon.cahuk@uni-mb.si)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 15:17:56 EST

I'm using 2.3.99-pre3 and RH6.1. I made a kernel and copied it into a
floppy.
But it freezed. So I decided to run that kernel with lilo (under suse6.2 I
configured lilo).
When the kernel was loaded, it couldn't open /dev/tty0 and tty1.
Swap couldn't be activated.
I got message: The cuperblock could not be read or does not describe a
correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it relly contains an
ext2 filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the
superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate
superblock: e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/device (I have RH under hda7).
I ran e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/hda7 under suse, but I got the same message with
bad magic
number in super-block while trying to open /dev/hda7.
I think somehow I destroyed that filesystem.
Can I fix that?

Simon Cahuk[sc]