RE: Filesystem questions.

From: Jones D (ISaCS) (djones2@glam.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 06:30:00 EST

> > __divdi3
> > __moddi3
> Encountering these is a sign that you are dividing
> 64 bit quantities (e.g. i_size, or file position) with
> e.g. blocksize.

Ok. I'll try that..
AFAIK, Amiga doesn't support 64 bit filesystems, I'll
dig out some old CBM documents later to check..

> If your blocksizes are always power of two

Again, afaik the standard Amiga filesystems were.
If this is wrong, someone please tell me..
(though, if it is wrong I'll probably encounter it myself when
 I try to mount some affs partition images I have.)

So asides from the page cache & 64bit issues, are there any
other issues with AFFS that need fixing ?

> The GCC intrinsics are rather slow code, and thus should
> not be used in fast paths.

in include/linux/fs.h there's a reference to abs.
Would there be any problem with replacing this with an inlined
abs function? (There's also some other bits that would need fixing
to stop redefinition of abs). If so, I've a patch in progress..

regards,

Dave.