2.3.99-pre3 booting problems

From: Luke Burton (lburton@netporths.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 23:57:40 EST

Hi all,

Just a quick notification w.r.t. booting this kernel (2.3.99-pre3).

I've had boot problems on a Toshiba Satellite 2540XCDT for a long time
now, since about 2.3.3x right through to .47. I haven't tried 2.3.99-pre3
on that particular machine, but this morning I tried that kernel on a
different machine and got the same problem I had before with the Toshiba:

Uncompressing Linux .... OK, booting the kernel
<hang>

So to sum up, I have had this with 2.3.3x -> .47 on a Toshiba Satellite
2540XCDT, and now I'm seeing it on 2.3.99-pre3 with a clone machine.

I've installed this same kernel *successfully* on my home clone machine
(works fine), and my desktop at work (HP Kayak 600M, works like a dream).

Rather than flood this mail with diagnostics info, please let me know if
there is any information that I can pass on which will help anyone debug
this issue.

L8r

Luke Burton