NOW iBCS problems... (was Re: Nostalgia: System V Release 2 filesystem)

From: Jim Roland (jim@roland.net)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 20:57:57 EST

To all still listening to this thread, I managed to get things copied over.
I ended up getting the network card to work by faking the old subnet on my
network with a 2nd "server" card. Long story, but it worked.

By using a series of mounts and dd commands, I was able to get the drive
copied to a single file for backup purposes. I then, storing it on a
backup system, setup a loopback ext2 filesystem (in a single file) and
copied the data across by sucking from the old box into the new box (new
Linux box pulling files from the INSECURE workstation). It's kind of long,
but if anyone is interested in how, I will elaborate later.

I was (after installing the iBCS module) able to get the program to run,
except that I get an error soon after the splash screen comes up. Here i
sthe screen shot of the screen:

         Copyright (c) 1991 U.S. AMADA Co., LTD. version 2.11

                         FMS LINE CONTROL SYSTEM(P.CELL)

                                 Interactive UNIX

iBCS: ioctl(3, 6b00[..k], 0xbffff9a6) unsupported
SYSTEM ERROR : ioctl(): Invalid argument

Are there other iBCS module I need to load becides just the iBCS.o module?
Any special devices I need to make or link to "modern" ones? Any help
woudl be appreciated.

-=>Jim Roland

"Never settle with words what you can settle with a flamethrower."
        --Anonymous