Re: Nostalgia: System V Release 2 filesystem

From: Jim Roland (jim@roland.net)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 17:46:37 EST

I've gotten some of the essentials off the drive, however, woudl still like
ot mount the filesystem. I've gotten the drive copied into a 120MB Image
file with dd, but can't mount the actual drive. The filesystem is S51K and
need to locate at least read-only support (read-write would be very nice)
for this drive. I'm currently trying to mount as either hte drive or as
mount -o loop (both give me the same errors).

I was able to get the software to run under linux with the iBCS modules. I
have to locate and copy in several files that the software is looking for
(it's own versions of TERMCAP (under different filenames), etc).

-=>Jim Roland

"Never settle with words what you can settle with a flamethrower."
        --Anonymous