Problems with cdrecord (2.3.99-pre3)

From: Hausheer, Geoffrey (geoffrey.hausheer@intel.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 12:30:37 EST

I have no idea if this is kernel related or not, since I can only use my USB
CDRW with 2.3.xx, and only a few of those, so I only tested it on the ones I
had lying around). The drive works ok for reading, so I doubted that it was
the USB driver.

when I run cdrecord dev=0,0 speed=2 file.iso (or -eject or almost anything
else)
I get:
shmget: shm filesystem not mounted
cdrecord: Invalid argument. shmget failed

when I run with -debug I get:

dev: 0,0 speed:2 fs: 4096000
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
fs: 4096000 buflen 4100096

cdrecord -scanbus
reports the drive at the 0,0,0 location

I've tried setting CDR_FIFOSIZE as well as using 'fs=' (as recommended by
someone or other) but it didn't help.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
.Geoff