2.3.99pre3 locks up on loop-mounted file

From: Thomas Molina (tmolina@home.com)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 15:23:32 EST

Problems, including file system corruption, have been reported with 2.3
kernels. I haven't seen any corruption, but I did see a lockup today.
I had created and wrote a new RedHat 6.1 cd. After burning the cd I
mounted the iso image on loopback and mounted the new cd on the ide-scsi
interface. I then did a diff between the two to check the burn. After
a lengthy period of time, towards what would have been the end of the
process, the system locked up. Sysctl t showed the diff process was
stuck in D state. I can make a more formal report if needed, but I
understood the problem was already being looked at.