Re: NWFS Open Source for 2.2 and 2.4 Releases 3/27/00

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 12:54:10 EST

Chris,

It will work on all. We are putting in the cpu_to_le32, etc. macros so
it will work on all of them on Linux, but until commercial grade IA64
systems are widely available for us to fully test the code on, then we
won't sign off on it til June (which is when they come out). We are
stating support for Intel's IA64 processor because a very large
percentage of Novell's installed base want to deploy IA64, but NetWare
is about three years behaind Linux and W2K for IA64. NetWare customers
will want Linux with IA64 (and Sparc, Alpha, etc.).

Jeff