Re: Nostalgia: System V Release 2 filesystem

From: Erik Andersen (andersen@xmission.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 12:54:59 EST

On Fri Mar 24, 2000 at 11:31:18PM -0600, Jim Roland wrote:

> However, I am needing to mount the drive under Linux. I've searched for
> over 7-8 hours all over the net, kernel documentation, etc, but am unable
> to get the drive to mount.

Why do you need to mount it? To copy off the files? Try taring up the files
in question, run "compress" on them, and then ftp them over to your Linux box
(I'm assuming here it can connect to a network)... If it can't do networking,
then take the tarball and run split on it to split it into floppy disk sized
chunks, and then dd the chunks onto a floppy disk.

Then on linux, dd the chunks off of the floppies, cat the chunks together, and
uncompress/untar them.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/