[BUG] Strange problems in 2.3.x with SMP Sparc

From: Sean Hunter (sean@uncarved.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 11:28:12 EST

My 4-way sparc, which works great with 2.2.14, doesn't like 2.3.x at
all. There seems random corruption in memory (ie shell logins just
die within seconds, and other really wierd stuff happens). I have
tried 2.3.51, and 2.3.99-pre3, and they seem about the same level of
brokenness.

2.3.51 worked great on it as a UP kernel before I got my 4 HyperSparc
processors 8^) , so I'm very keen to get the 2.3 series working on it
as SMP.

Let me know how I can debug this further and I'll try to help.

Sean