Re: HOWTO iproute+netfilter+tc

From: bert hubert (ahu@ds9a.nl)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 18:51:12 EST

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 02:34:07PM -0700, Erik Andersen wrote:

> On the iproute front, the best I have seen is at
> http://snafu.freedom.org/linux2.2/

Yeah, I found it.

> A howto would be a great addition.
> -Erik

Work is progressing well. Some people have mailed that they are willing to
help. Gregory Maxwell has offered to send his work so far and told me that
he has lots of real world examples, which suits me just fine :-)

The idea currently is to refer to Rustys netfilter HOWTOs as an
introduction, and then explain how the 'mark' ability can be used to guide
iproute2 and tc to route & shape your traffic, which is then described.

I'm currently studying CBQ so I can give a very short introduction on it.
The main point of the HOWTO however is 'hands-on'.

I was wondering however, is this code solid? I suspect that it is not widely
used. I would very much like to hear from (large) sites employing the more
advanced parts of iproute, especially tc.

Regards,

bert hubert.