Re: [patch] AMD SC400 support, kernel 2.3.99

From: David Hinds (dhinds@valinux.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 18:31:14 EST

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 06:18:34PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> If we are adding ELAN support to the kernel, has anyone tested David
> Hinds' SC300 PCMCIA driver? That would make a good addition as well...

I've just been sitting on that, because after I wrote it, no one
(including the people who paid me to write it!) seemed interested in
using it. And the company that paid me for it never got around to
sending me the prototype hardware, so it is completely untested.

If someone wants to look at it / test it / port it to 2.3, I'll send
it to them. But I don't really want to spend more time on it if there
is no evidence that it will ever be used.

The SC400 emulates an ordinary i82365 socket controller, I think; it
is only the SC300 that has an oddball controller.

-- Dave Hinds