Re: [patch] AMD SC400 support, kernel 2.3.99

From: Jason Sodergren (jason@mugwump.taiga.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 16:11:02 EST

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Giuliano Procida wrote:

> according to the AMD Elan 520 manual, the timer is actually 1.1882 -
> could you double check your figure and/or make mention of the Elan520
> in your patch? I suppose we should check with AMD and make sure we get
> all of their weird ones.

According to the SC520 manual, the input to the PIT is 1.1882MHz.
According to the SC300/310/400/410 manuals, the input is 1.1892MHz.
I think that covers all of the ELAN processors and their
apparently inconsistent weirdness; the ELAN processors are the only
ones AMD makes with the on-board PIT.

An updated patch that handles all of the above is attached.

- Jason Sodergren - jason@taiga.com - http://www.taiga.com/~jason -
       - PGPK @ http://www/taiga.com/~jason/pgp.phtml -