Re: "Super" IP aliases?

From: Gregory Maxwell (greg@linuxpower.cx)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 14:43:53 EST

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, bert hubert wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 08:19:53AM -0500, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
>
> > The 'correct' way to do this is with iproute2:
> >
> > /sbin/ip addr add 10.20.30.0/24 dev eth0
>
> Is there an iproute2 howto yet? I know of the TeX documentation but it isn't
> very 'hands on'.
>
> It appears that a lot of cool linux features are woofuly underdocumented,
> leading people to the belief that these features aren't there.

I have to apoplogise here, as I promised to make an advanced-routing CBQ
howto a while ago but I havn't gotten around to more then a preface
(partially because some of the iproute2 syntax changed). :(

This has actually been preety determental to my time, as everytime I
mention CBQ or iproute on the list, I get 3-4 private help requests. I'd
save time if I got around to writing the darn doc.