Re: [2.3.99pre2] [CORRUPTION] Doh! Corruption problems again...

From: Lorenzo `Caffeine' Marcantonio (lomarcan@tin.it)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 13:56:33 EST

"Ben" == Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> All this went on (me thinking it was harddrive going down in
> flames) until I rebooted back to 2.2.14, where fsck's came back
> clean. I don't recall this occuring on my UltraSPARC (which has
> been running 2.3.99-pre2 for a few days now, and I thought I'de
> give it a try on the laptop), but I don't think I have fsck'd a
> drive since I booted that new kernel, so who knows.

Same here (see my previous bugreport)... only I suspected something
because:
1) The first e2fsck generated the bug check (posted before)
2) The second e2fsck (after the bug check) shown all these strange
   errors (obviously said NO to all the fix prompts...)
3) Booting with another kernel (2.2 series) shown NO problems with
   e2fsck.

Only on Toshiba laptops ? mmmm....