Re: sound problems persist in 2.3.99pre3

From: Christoph Hellwig (chhellwig@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 01:18:03 EST

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 04:39:17PM -0600, Thomas Molina wrote:
> I've received a number of suggestions via private mail regarding my
> inability to get opl3 and/or soundblaster functionality to work with the
> current development kernel, none of which helped. I've also tried
> numerous permutations of append options, compile options, etc. to no
> avail. I'm wondering if card/function initialization could factor in
> here. In a working configuration (2.3.47 and previous) the order is
> PAS16, soundblaster, opl3. In 2.3.99x the order is opl3, soundblaster,
> pas16. Is there some way of specifying initialization order here so I
> can test this?

Yeah. Changing the Makefile.
With module_init() the detection order is dependant on the link order.
I thought, I've orderd the Makefile in the right way, bit this semms wrong...
Could you please send patch with the right link order?

Christoph

--
Always remember that you are unique.  Just like everyone else.