Re: Video CD under Linux

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 10:34:47 EST

On Tue, Mar 21 2000, Per Lundberg wrote:
> JA> It's not unsupported, it's just not supported through the
> JA> regular block device interface
>
> That's more or less the same, IMO...

What? Not even remotely the same, we have an ioctl to cover
VCD. And if that is not enough for you, try one of the vcd
file system implementations out there.

> JA> Do a quick search on freshmeat and you should find several
> JA> players / "file systems".
>
> Yes, I have a player, but what about burning? Is it possible too?

You formed your original question poorly, then. I haven't tried
to burn one, but I saw posts from others telling you where to look.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer