Re: 2.3.99-pre2 compile problems.

From: Brian Gerst (bgerst@quark.vpplus.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 10:10:11 EST

Jos Hulzink wrote:

> > Q wrote:
> > > make menuconfig
> > > rm -f include/asm
> > > ( cd include ; ln -sf asm-i386 asm)
> > > make -C scripts/lxdialog all
> > > make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux/scripts/lxdialog'
> > > /bin/sh: -lncurses: command not found
>
> Command not found ??? This has nothing to do with the ncurses lib, but
> with buggy makefiles.

Sorry, I should have read it more carefully. It didn't help that I had
one box that had a very similar problem but was related to ncurses-devel
not being installed. I'm not sure yet what the problem is, because make
menuconfig works for me on both of my machines. HOSTCC and HOSTCFLAGS
are being explicitly exported. Q, what distribution and versions of
make and bash are you using?

--

Brian Gerst